Blog Searched

Top Menu

Thursday, May 2, 2013

GOSPEL READING TODAY (May 2, 2013) - JOHN 15:9-11


GOSPEL
in one year
Jesus calls us to love one another as He has loved us. This is not an easy thing to practice on a daily basis. Once in a while is fairly easy, but to do it all the time would mean responding heroically to the call to be holy. Jesus is our example and inspiration in this, especially so, as we remember that He was without sin and, thus, innocent. He suffered purely because of His choice to do so, out of necessity for our salvation, and for no benefit of His own.

John 15:9-11
Jesus said to his disciples: “As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. 11 “I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete.”
 
Think: Jesus is our example and inspiration in loving one another.